Duromine drug is used for weight loss. These capsules may contain 15mg, 30mg or 40 mg of active substance Phentermine. Depending on obesity degree and individual tolerance, different doses of this anorectic can be required. Duromine 40 mg capsules should be taken only on an advice of the attending physician.
All dosage strengths of Duromine capsules, including 40 mg contain extended-release form of the active ingredient.
Pharmacokinetic profile of Duromine controlled-release prevents a rapid rise of Phentermine concentration in the blood plasma.
- Slow drug delivery to the blood prevents occurrence of potential side effects and improves tolerance of this anorectic.
On the other hand, the maximum Phentermine concentration in the blood plasma is achieved slower than when using immediate release tablets. This delays achievement of anorexigenic action, but does not reduce effectiveness of Duromine.
- Duromine capsules may contain different doses of active ingredient, but they almost do not differ by composition of excipients. Only colors can be different to distinguish capsules 15mg, 30mg and 40 mg. Duromine 40 mg capsules are of gray and orange color.
When producing Duromine tablets, the active ingredient by itself cannot be compressed.
In order to form tablets from medical substance, special excipients that contribute to compression are used. Most often, these excipients are of synthetic origin.
- In contrast to the tablets, Duromine 40 mg capsules do not need additional chemical components for compression of the active ingredient. Gelatin capsule shells are filled with drug substance without compression.
Hard gelatin capsules (HGCs) Duromine 40 mg of extended-release are produced by introducing Phentermine resin polymers in the gelatin shell. Used combinations of inactive components prevent rapid release of Phentermine from the capsule shell.
System of drug substance delivery in Duromine 40 mg capsules by means of Phentermine resin differs by:
- Low toxicity
- Physical and chemical stability
- Uniformity of distribution in the blood plasma
Duromine 40 mg – is the maximum dose of Phentermine among all medications. Encapsulated system of drug substance delivery is safer than a tableted form.
Duromine 40 mg capsules should be swallowed whole with plenty of water.
- Due to high dose of the active ingredient, do not break or open the capsules.
Intake of the capsule content separately from its shell contributes to uncontrolled release of active ingredient Phentermine. Rapid time to maximum concentration of this anorectic increases risk of side effects.